101 Five-Minute Fixes to Incrementally Improve Your Web Site
sajwriter Make your site work harder
These quick tweaks will help you keep visitors engaged…
- Tell readers why they should perform a task. If your site is full of passive suggestions, toughen it up. People are trained to follow a request, as long as you give them a good reason to do it.
- Make the most highly trafficked pages easier to scan. If your current site consists of large blocks of text, break it up so that it’s easier for the average Internet user to read.
- Convey a sense of trust. If you’re experiencing skepticism, offer social proof like testimonials or risk-mitigating offers like a free trial.
- Stress benefits. Ensure that your copy always shows users exactly how your site will benefit them.
- Make headlines meaningful. Be sure to change any vague or cutesy headlines to something more up-front and meaningful.
Read the entire article>>